September 25th: Submission deadline EXTENDED
October 1st: Notification of acceptance
Call for papers
Participants are invited to submit a short paper (max. 2 pages) on their ideas for the most pressing issues to address in robot ethics in the next decade including at least one case or scenario. The best ideas will be asked to give a 5 minute pitch during the workshop day to open new discussion topics.
Please use the ICSR conference style when preparing your paper.
The following list reflects (but is not limited to these) possible topics for the papers:
- Lessons learned / Critical reflection on robot ethics in the last 20 years
- New methods for discovering, communicating, ethical issues in robot ethics
- Evaluations of ethical reflections and resulting technologies
- The role of stakeholders (and stakeholder involvement) in robot ethics
- Successful methods to pursue
- (Ethical) evaluation of potential future applications for (social) robots
- The (societal) impact of social robots in a specific domain
- Bridging between academic research and industrial applications
- Revealing areas and opportunities for future directions
Please send a PDF version of your paper to 3TUrobotics[at]gmail.com.